Monday, October 13, 2008

"The Ten Who Ran"

My brother Rev. Earl W. Drake Jr. spoke yesterday. He spoke about the ten disciples who were left after the Crucifixion. He said that we know Judas was dead, and John was with his mother. But where were the other ten? They ran cause they were scared, they didn't know what to do without Jesus until they got the holy spirit. A very well put sermon. I was extremely proud of my brother.

We also welcomed a new choir member into our choir today Mrs. Rivers. Her and her husband Rev. Rivers, they joined our congregation last Sunday. Rev. Rivers taught Sunday School yesterday. He used a different format but it was effective.

And also yesterday GOD sent to us a ordained deacon. You know I have been praying for God to send us men, and we have had three men join in three weeks. My good friend Ben Howard joined our congregation yesterday. I am here to tell you that when you sincerely ask GOD for something and it is in His will you will get it. GOD has gave us an ordained minister and an ordained deacon and a young man willing to learn in the last three weeks. I praise God for what he is doing at St. Luke. Keep us in your prayers.

No comments: