Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Solution for Suffering Saints

A Solution for Suffering Saints was the title of my morning message. It felt good to be back in the pulpit at St. Luke I love preaching at home and St. Luke is definitely my home. We are still in the book of Philippians, 4:6

Outline:
Knowing how to pray and what to pray for. Paul was in a prison cell telling us not to be anxious for nothing, not to be careful for nothing, careful meaning full of care. My question was how can Paul tell us to be careful for nothing when he was locked up in prison himself. How can he tell us not to worry.

A. Just to know to pray and not take things for granted. Do not go to GOD always with a Gimme List, learn what to pray for.
B. Pray with Supplication, meaning to always pray. The Bible says that we should always pray, not only when things are going bad or when we need things.
C. Pray with Thanksgiving. We should never offer up a prayer without giving GOD thanks. A lot of times we get so caught up with our problems and what we want GOD to fix for us that we forget to give GOD thanks. He knows all of our problems and he can fix them all but he wants us to offer them up to him in prayer and with thanksgiving.

We had to worship with Greater Freeborn for the evening service for the "Sisters in Unity" in which my cousin Jean belongs to. I was glad to see her and my friend and her pastor Rev. Eric Sawyer. It was a very spirit filled service The St. Luke Choir showed up and showed out, I thank GOD for them and the congregation of St. Luke.

I preached a sermon that I had preached before at another church. It was entitled "Pressing On" Philippians 3:13, 14. I told the "Sisters in Unity" to Press On, if it had been some bad times in the past or whatever happen in the past, leave it in the past. We need to only look back at those things if they help us move on in to the future, if they keep us in the past we need to leave them alone, if we can;t use them as a stepping stone forget about it.

No comments: