Monday, October 6, 2008

Prayer Changes Things

I AM BACK. Sorry I have been gone so long, I have been kind of busy trying to get adjusted to preaching every Sunday and sermon preparation, it takes some time and some getting use to. Please pray for me.

Today was a good day at St. Luke, we had two new workers added to the congregation. Rev. & Mrs. Earl Rivers, we can never have enough ministers. I have been praying and asking God to send us some men and he is doing it right before my very eyes. We are blessed at St. Luke, God is giving us what we ask for we just have to be prepared to receive the blessings and do something with the blessings he is giving us.

My sermon for today was "Prayer Changes Things" Exodus 33: 12-23
I preached about prayer and how to pray the way Moses did on Mt. Sinai I had three points:
  • Moses prayed for himself (V. 13) - He prayed for God to equip him to minister to the people.
  • Moses prayed for the people (V. 15, 16) - He prayed an intercessory prayer. He went to God for the people.
  • Moses prayed for the impossible (V. 18) - Moses prayed for the impossible to happen. God had been so good to Moses and answered the two previous prayers so I guess he thought he would ask the impossible. He wanted to see the face of God.

It was very enlighting sermon for me. It helped my prayer life. Read that passage of scripture and I guarantee you it will help your prayer life.

No comments: