Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Monday Night at the Conference

Our 2008 Word & Worship kicked off lastnight and it kicked off with a bang. Rev. Kevin Nelson kicked it off with a lecture on Philippians 3:1-15. He even had handouts for his lecture I am tellin" you this man is bad. He was telling us to forget those things that are behind. It's good to remember those things from the past if they push you through to the future but if they keep you in the past forget them. It was good. With me coming in as a new pastor we have to look to the future. It was very enlighting for me and I hope for the church also.

Then we also had the brotherhood from Greater St. Mark their musician didn't show up but I couldn't tell they did a wonderful job with the music for the evening, I thank GOD for them and their dedication and it brought me joy to see their pastor in the house Rev. William Nelson.

Then we had the speaker of the hour Rev. Kilen Gray. IJohn 1: 1,2. He told us we have to stop trying to please everybody but GOD. WE go out of our way to please the wrong people. We need to be ourselves and please GOD.

I can't wait til tonight our Central District Moderator will be our guest lecturer and we will get another word from Rev. Gray, and The St. Luke Choir will be bring us the music. If you are reading this you better come out tonight, believe me you don't want to miss this.

No comments: