Monday, March 2, 2009

Pushin" Your Product (Mark 1: 14-15)

Yesterday was both the first day and the first Sunday of March, 2009. Can you believe it? This year is really flying by. It has been good so far and I know God will only make it gooder gooder and gooder (I know it's not a word but I am going to use it anyway). I am sorry it has been over a month since I have written in my blog, but I am still getting use to pastoring.

We started our Member Orientation classes yesterday and I have to say it went well. I was a little uneasy about it at first but the more I studied it I realized it couldn"t do nothing but help our members grow spiritually. When I first started trying to do this it was going to be for the New Members only but then they would know more than the so-called seasoned members so God guided me to do it for the whole church and it is going to help the whole church (Mind, Body and Soul).

Yesterday was a great day we had a great service brought two more into the kingdom. God is truly blessing St. Luke. We spoke on the subject of "Pushing Your Product". In the book of Mark John was going around telling everybody to Repent, The Kingdom of God is at hand, in other words He's Coming and he was saying it with urgency. My idea is if we would push our product like that what a difference we would make in this sin sick world. Our product is the "Good News -The Gospel" If we would push our product like these infomercials we would get into the minds of the people.

We also had a business meeting yesterday we introduced all the officers to the church and took care of all the church business and reports. The meeting went very well we had an agenda and we stuck to it. I would like to thank my assistant for making up my agenda for the meeting it made it go very well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was thankful that our meeting was lead by the Spirit and allowed the church to put on our thinking caps. It was great being EMPOWERED by our Pastor to do more - making St. Luke better and stronger. All minds were open to the possibility of change.