Monday, January 19, 2009

Faith of Barak

Sunday was a great day. The Bible says that "This is the day that the Lord has made, let's rejoice and be glad in it". And that was what we did at "The Luke" yesterday. It was a great day all day yesterday. We spoke on the Faith of Barak (Judges 5: 1). It was about how Barak believed in God and exerecised his faith. God talked directly to Deborah and she told Barak what God's plan was and Barak believed because he had faith. Our Choir sang beautifully yesterday. We owe thanks to Mr. Antonio Jones for having faith and patience in our choir. Oh Lord you have brought us from a mighty long way. And last but not least at all TWO (2) souls were saved.

Sunday Evening we were at Marrs Memorial for their Brotherhood Anniversary. Marrs and Pastor & 1st Lady Smith hold a special place in my heart. They are very instrunental in my ministry and a couple that do I look up to. Their brotherhood sang beautifully. This I have to tell you because it was really funny. I was motioning to my sister Barbara about giving a response to the welcome, well my other sister Betty was sitting behind her watching and thinking I was talking to her. Well Betty got up to give the response and Barbara and I both were shocked.

We spoke about Barak's faith again but we used a different text this time we came from Mark 9: 23, 24. We used the title "Yes We Can". Yes we can if we truly believe the man didn't really realize who he was talking to when asked Jesus if he was able. Jesus' ableness was not in question. "He is able to do abundantly above all that we can ask or even think". All we have to do is believe. The father was worried about his son he had went to everybody else but not to Jesus. He even went to the disciples and they couldn't help. 23 Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” 24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!” If we believe, We Can. We can shout out like O'bama "Yes We Can".

It was a beautiful day, and our choir was beside theirselves again yesterday evening. I had really been worried about our attendance at our evening services, so I made a pact(agreement) with our members that if we don't go as much will you come more, they said yes and they held up their part of the bargain yesterday. They really made me proud to be the pastor of St. Luke Missionary Baptist Church.

I would like for everyone to pray for our new president as he is inheriting a lot of problems, but all things are possible with Christ. Also let's pray for safe passage for everyone traveling to and from Washington D.C. and that they have a good and respectful time.

No comments: