Sunday, May 2, 2010

"Let's Focus on the Positive"

Oh what a time we had at "The Luke" today. The Spirit was high from the beginning of the experience. I would like to give a special Thank You to the associate ministers of St. Luke for putting us in the mode for worship this morning. Thanks.

We preached about Focusing on the Positive Philippians 1: 12-26. We focused on how Paul, even though he was in prison still was focused on the furtherance of the gospel.

He was writing to the church at Phillipi about how to live was good but to die in christ was better. He was only worried about the advancement of the gospel even if it meant he had to die. We have a GOD that can turn a negative into a positive and He, in the midst of all negativity and produce positive results.

Our revival starts tomorrow and theme is "Focus on the Positive Things" Philippians 4:8. We have a great line up of preachers, trying to do something different this year and give the congregation a variety of preachers. Tomorrow we have Rev. Gerald Joiner, Pastor of Zion Missionary Baptist Church, Tuesday - Rev. Kevin Nelson - Pastor of First Baptist Church of Jeffersontown and last but not least we have Rev. Frank M. Smith Jr. - Christ Church for our Community on Wednesday. Remember "Focus on the Positive".

1 comment:

Ms. Wilson said...

As a visitor to you church, I really enjoy the services. I am trying to get my family to attend with me one Sunday, I believe the men in my family will be able to relate to you easier than they do with others. You seem to genuinely care about your parishioners.

I really wanted to attend revival, but I had class, I am sure it was a wonderful time in the Lord.
Bless you sir, and thank you.