Friday, April 3, 2009

Letter from the Pastor

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it". (Psalm 118:24)

Greetings to all of the Saints of St. Luke. I greet you in the name of the Lord.

I would like to first like to Thank You for keeping up your end of the bargain on going out. If you remember we agreed that if we cut down on the eveving services you all would come out in big numbers, and come out you did. We had a marvelous time at Greater Faith. God was well pleased.

We have come a long way with our giving, we are doing extremely well, but we can do better, and as you know nothing on this earth is free so to reach our goal we have to dig a little deeper.
God has given me a vision for our building campaign we will be starting real soon called "From Vision to Victory". We are going to start off with the Vision and keep working till we get the Victory. I can see us now marching into our new sanctuary.

I can't end this letter without giving a shout out to the Youth of St. Luke. They are truly growing and they are doing a marvelous job(and they are tithing). I would like to thank the Saints who are working with them. God Bless You!

I would also like to thank God for our new converts we are Baptizing today. I want us as a Church to hold on to all the ones that are coming into the fold of St. Luke. Let's embrace them and show them LOVE.

Last but not least I would like to thank everyone who participated in the Member Orientation Month. If you missed it you really missed a treat.

Pray for the Men of St. Luke as we start our Saturday Men's Fellowship on next Saturday. We are hoping to have all the men, young & old to be present.

So Saints let's keep up the good work, keep on praying for each other and remember "We are soldiers in the Army, We have to fight although we have to cry, We have to hold up the bloodstained banner, We have to hold it up until we die.
Your Pastor,
Rev. Robert C. Drake Sr.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I think I read this a day early. I love reading your blogs and look forward to reading them.